Thursday, February 27, 2014

Guest Post #1 - Dustin


Who better to recommend books to children than other children?  I'm going to try and do this at least once a month - hold me to it!  My February guest poster is...
My name is Dustin and I am 9 years old.
I am very intelligent with math and it’s my favorite subject, too. I like being silly, creative, and being a leader.  I enjoy riding scooters, bikes, and quadding in my free time along with pizza and pie.
Book title: Stink and the Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown  
Author: Megan McDonald
Illustrator: Peter H. Reynolds
Brief summary of story: This story is about Stink and his friend making masks for their thumbs and having a battle. Later in the story his sister [Judy Moody] challenged Stink to a thumb wrestling war, and then they battle. Then Stink and his friend have the final battle. I will not tell you who wins so you will have to read it to find out. 
Thank you, Dustin - Judy and Stink are two of my favorite characters and I hope lots of kids decide to get to know them because of your enthusiasm!



Dustin's picture was posted with the permission of his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment