Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Wonderful Things You Will Be

I just got this lovely picture book to celebrate my granddaughter's 1st birthday. The illustrations are so sweet (just like my grandgirl :). Every single page is beautiful - pastel, light, and cheerful, even the inside front and back covers are filled with illustrations of adorable babies, and culminates in a 4-page foldout.


Emily Winfield Martin captures the wonder and dreams of every parent as they watch their beloved child grow. We all hope our children will see themselves as we see them - with unlimited potential. We want them to be kind, hard-working, clever, and loving.

This passage made my heart remember those first moments of meeting my sweet Betty:
"When you were too small
To tell me hello,
I knew you were someone
I wanted to know.
For all of your tininess
Couldn't disguise
A heart so enormous,,,
And wild...
and wise."

She is all of those things and I can't wait to see her this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment