Saturday, May 19, 2018

Dreams Do Come True


I've wanted grandchildren for a while, and last May, my first one arrived and she is even better than I imagined. Seriously - there are no words.

We all want our children and grandchildren to inherit the best of our traits and pray that the worst will skip a generation or, better yet, disappear all together. My sweet grandgirl is happy, loving, smart, and...she LOVES to read! Hurray!

Whenever I am able to visit, we try to make it through her entire collection, which is considerable since she is not only the first grandchild on both sides and has bibliophile genetics, but she has an auntie who is a librarian, a grandfather who is a retired teacher, and me.

Each month, I use my Amazon Prime membership to send her two new board books. I always hit the closest holidays, books about counting and the alphabet, and lots of family love books. I call it Grandma's Book of the Month Club. My plan is that when she is older, we'll read chapter books, and if we are still living far apart, can FaceTime to talk about the books. We'll always have something to talk about :)

My double-fisted reader enjoying her UCLA counting book
(Daddy's alma mater)

Perched on her "thorne" (courtesy of Auntie Kim), enjoying one of her Valentines Day treasures with Darla the unicorn (courtesy of Uncle Michael).

 She loves reading with Daddy.




Reading with Grandma during Spring Break.



She absolutely loves books about animals.
She's getting pretty good at making animal sounds :)

This Grandma's heart is happy that we have another generation of readers in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment