Monday, April 8, 2019

I'm a Big Sister




     This week, I'm visiting grandbabies. Miss Betty and I have been busy reading and rereading all her favorite books. At this point in her cute little life, her collection mainly consists of board books, but thanks in large part to Grandma's Book of the Month Club, she's got plenty 😉

     Like most little ones, she likes to read the same books over and over again. Grandma doesn't mind. I finish a book and say, "Would like to choose another one for Grandma to read?" Most of the time, she replies, "We gonna read it again." I happily oblige. There's nothing I would rather do.

     We've read this big sister book several times a day since I've been here. With new brother, Baby Bobby,  having arrived, she enjoys the pictures about all the things she likes to help Mama and Daddy do. It's wonderful reinforcement of her newfound big sister skills, and the illustrations are adorable.

     I love to watch her beautiful face while we read. Her eyes are bright, she smiles, and giggles, and snuggles up. On many pages, she has a favorite word or phrase or part of the picture that she wants to show me and they are the same every time we read that story. It is a joy to watch her developing as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment