Monday, April 30, 2018

Good News, Bad News

Good News, Bad News


I never know what to expect when I read a simple picture book to my 4th graders. Since we've been doing a lot of social-emotional work this year, I thought I'd take a chance, and I'm glad I did! They giggled the whole way through the story! (It helps if your teacher is being extra dramatic;)

Rabbit and Mouse head out on a picnic and positive Rabbit finds the silver lining in every one of Mouse's gloomy clouds. But even he can't withstand the constant onslaught of negativity forever and when Mouse loses it in a moment of anger, Rabbit gives in to the blues. Mouse is so shocked that he quickly finds a way to cheer up his friend, and soon they are both looking on the bright side.

Jeff Mack uses only 4 words in this book, but those four words get the point across loud and clear. His illustrations are simple and clear and works with the text in a way that makes it easy for young children to understand what is happening.

This is a great story to start conversations about friendship, positive attitude, and to just plain enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment