Monday, February 4, 2019

How Toddlers Thrive

Image result for รข€œHow Toddlers Thrive: What Parents Can Do Today for Children Ages 2-5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong Success"

As we approach Miss B's second birthday, this excerpt from the book   popped up in my newsfeed. It was a quick, helpful read and now I have the book in my Amazon cart.

I remember well how frustrating it was to have not one, but two willful little people running around our apartment, hollering, "No!" and "Mine!" and melting down for "interesting" reasons such as:


or this:


or this:



Parenting can be exhausting and bewildering. I wish I'd had a book like this to reassure and remind me that all of the demanding, defiant, and seemingly irrational behaviors are a natural part of growing up, and that children NEED to go through this stage in order to become happy, resilient, empathetic, self-regulating human beings.

One of the best things about grandkids is that we have another chance to do things better than we did the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment