Friday, March 15, 2019

11 Birthdays




A couple of years ago, a group of girls in my class were absolutely crazy for Wendy Mass books, so I added a few of her books to my classroom library, but I didn't make time to read them to see what all the fuss was about. I recently read this one and really enjoyed it. Think Henry and Beezus meets Groundhog Day. 

Amanda and Leo share a birthday and have celebrated together for the past 10 years. But this year, they have had a falling out and they are not celebrating together.

Amanda is anxious for the day to be over so she can forget about Leo and the fight they had. Unfortunately for Amanda, when she wakes up the next day, it's her birthday AGAIN.


Besides the Willow Falls series, which begins with 11 Birthdays, Mass has also authored the Space Taxi series, the Twice Upon a Time series, as well as 10 stand alone books. 


Wendy Mass website

KidLit podcast with Wendy Mass
KidLitTV interview with Wendy Mass

No comments:

Post a Comment